Friday, December 16, 2011

Innovative (Crazy?) Training Method

How May I Serve? Train your staff.


Training is important. It teaches the staff member how things are to be done. At Knott's there are certain procedures to follow and particular ways of working. This is information that the new staff member needs. Veteran staff also require training as new way of working or planting a tree, spreading treated salt, etc have been developed.



Training also helps to create a sense of camaraderie, purpose and is used as a tool towards getting buy-in with the company vision and goals. Training is another way to serve your staff (How May I Serve?).



Our training program is by no means perfected, but in the last year or two we have really tried to step it up. As usual, we are creating our own programs. (Re-inventing the wheel is one of my hobbies :).)



Anyway, I am not going to bore you with a soliloquy about the merits of training, but I did need to include some text about the attached videos.



These are obviously home-made, but I wanted to share them. We took leaves and grass, etc that are composting and spread them into the parking lot, then used a plow truck to move them back to the bin. Plowing snow is gathering, containing, moving and relocating material. So in lieu of having any snow to plow we used the above-mentioned materials as snow. (Please forgive the assumed Aussie accent of one of my staff!). It may not be the best idea, but it is an attempt.



If you have questions feel free to contact us or use the comments section below. Even if you hate it, we want to know. DK









No comments:

Post a Comment